We invite you to take part in publishing in our journal of your materials on topical issues in the field of higher and postgraduate education.
Journal “Higher School of Kazakhstan” publishes scientific and practical articles in the following areas:
- Theoretical materials and empirical research on educational policy in the field of higher education
- Actual educational projects in the higher education system
- Quality assurance in higher education
- Digitalization of higher education
- Innovation in teaching and learning
- Implementation of the principles of the Bologna Process
The target audience
Scientific and analytical publication for researchers, analysts and educational practitioners of higher educational institutions of Kazakhstan, research institutes, analytical and public educational organizations, as well as for a wide range of readers interested in the development of higher and postgraduate education in modern society.
Rules for authors
The journal is published quarterly in Kazakh, Russian and English. The authors are responsible for the reliability and significance of scientific results and the relevance of the scientific content of works, including cases of detection of plagiarism.
Scientific articles, reports on conferences, work of dissertation councils, reviews are accepted for publication in the journal. Published scientific articles (including reviews) must correspond to the thematic area of the journal.
A scientific article is a statement of one’s own conclusions and intermediate or final results of scientific research, experimental or analytical activity, containing author’s developments, conclusions, recommendations that have not been previously published and are new; or reviewing previously published scientific articles related to a common topic (systematic review).
Articles submitted to the editorial office undergo a double-blind peer review procedure. Peer review is closed to reviewers and authors of articles. In the event that the reviewer indicates the need to amend the article, the author must correct and send the updated material to the editor within three days. Articles that have received a positive assessment of the reviewers are sent for discussion and approval for publication to the editorial board of the journal. Articles with a negative review are not accepted for reconsideration.
By submitting the text of the work for publication in the journal, the author guarantees that the submitted article is not under consideration in another scientific publication. The author is obliged to formalize properly all borrowings of text, tables, diagrams, diagrams, illustrations. The use of someone else’s text, the reproduction of quotations without the indication of the author, changes in the results of other studies, plagiarism in any form are unacceptable. In order to identify and prevent scientific plagiarism in accordance with the “Regulations on the organization of activities to identify and prevent scientific plagiarism”, the editorial board of the journal conducts an anti-plagiarism check of articles submitted for publication. The originality of the text must be no less than 70%. If plagiarism is found, the editorial board has the right to reject the article from publication and refuse to accept the next article for the author.
Authors should respect the work of the editorial board and reviewers with respect and understanding, and promptly eliminate these shortcomings.
Requirements for paper writing
Articles are accepted in electronic form by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . The editors do not accept printed manuscripts.
- Articles should be relevant, have a high scientific level, good presentation style, without lengthy introductions and repetitions.
- Previously unpublished material in Kazakh or Russian or English in Microsoft Word format is accepted for publication.
- The number of authors should not exceed three people per article. No more than two articles from one author (including materials prepared in co-authorship) are accepted for publication per issue.
- The total volume of one article is from 5 to 10 A4 pages, Times New Roman font, size 12, single spacing, paragraph indentation – 1 cm, margins on all sides by 2 cm, alignment – in width.
- Abbreviations of words is not allowed, except for the generally accepted ones (CIS, UNESCO etc.). Abbreviations are included in the text only after their first mention with full deciphering. For example, the Bologna Process and Academic Mobility Center (hereinafter – BPAMC).
- The use of tables, formulas and figures in the text is allowed in the amount of no more than five units. It is obligatory to have captions and captions to tables in the form: “Fig. 1. Name of the figure ”,“Tab. 1. Table name”. A table or figure is not numbered if it is the only one in the text.
- Pictures are placed in the text of the article, must be of high quality, and also contained in a separate folder in JPEG format. Drawings must be clear, photographs must be of high quality, diagrams must be in any Word-compatible format.
- Figure names should be laconic, but capacious in content (11 fonts). If the figure is from another edition, the link to it is made in the same way as the link to the printed edition.
- Tables should be descriptive, have a title, serial number. The content of the columns must correspond to their title. All data inside the table must be entered in font 10. The recommended table size is no more than 1 page.
- Tables, figures, diagrams must be placed after the mention.
The editors reserve the right to correct the material for the printed format without distorting the original meaning. Author’s material is not returned.
The order of registration of articles
- In the upper left corner on the 1st page of the article, the UDC is indicated – universal decimal classification and SRSTI / IRSTI – State rubricator of scientific and technical information / Interstate rubricator of scientific and technical information.
UDC is defined on the website https://teacode.com/online/udc/;
SRSTI is defined on the website https://clck.ru/TiFUg
- Through the line in the center, the title of the article in 3 languages (Kazakh, Russian and English) is placed in capital letters.
- At an interval below the left margin, a photo of the author (s) and information about the author (s) in 3 languages (Kazakh, Russian and English):
- Full name
- academic degree and title, position
- full name of the organization
- full work or home address (including postal code)
- Telephone number
- A line below is followed by an abstract in Kazakh, Russian and English (4–6 sentences, font size 11), revealing the main content of the article, and key words or phrases (5–7 words).
- Through the line below, place the main text of the article (12 font).
- After the main text of the article, references to the literature must be provided.
References to literature are formatted with numbers in square brackets indicating pages (if any). Sources and used scientific literature (monographs, articles, abstracts, abstracts, Internet resources, etc.) are given at the end of the article in the “References” section in the order of their sequential mention in the text. The list of references should contain only those sources that are referenced in the text, the numbering of sources – as they appear in the text. Where possible, complete Internet addresses (URLs) for links should be provided. All bibliographic data must be carefully checked. Recommended amount of literature: 7-15 sources.
The list of references is provided in two languages: the language of publication of the article and a separate block in English (References), additionally indicating the Russian-language sources in the Latin alphabet, preserving the original text and using the transliteration alphabet. If the article is published in English, then the References are given in English only.
At the end of each number of the converted bibliography, you must indicate in parentheses the original language of this source, in English. For example, (in Russian), (in Kazakh).
Literature presented in Cyrillic is given in two versions – in the original and in the romanized alphabet (transliteration):
Translation from Russian to Latin / Online converter http://www.translit.ru
Translation from Kazakh to Latin / Online converter https://qazlat.kz
The editorial board council reserves the right to publish or reject articles.
A link when reprinting to our publication is required.
Bank account details of the Center
RSE on REU «Bologna Process and Academic Mobility Center» MSHE RK
The Republic of Kazakhstan, Astana,
Kabanbay Batyr Ave. 28, office №4
Beneficiary Code 16
IIC KZ236010111000227192 Astana regional branch of the Halyk Bank JSC
Tel.: 28-75-21, 28-75-24